Tears leave trails of red down their faces
like tiny drops of acid burning flesh.
And I laugh at their show of weakness and hurt.
We used to be so happy.
She yells. Furious. Aggravated.
And I laugh at the absolute honesty.
When was the last time you were so honest?
When we were very young.
It wasn't supposed to happen. You weren't supposed to know.
Nothing was supposed to change. I laugh at his stupidity.
How could he possibly think we could forgive and forget?
You used to say you loved us.
Time falls slowly, like the miniscule grains of an
hourglass. We're different. Stronger.
I can't help but laugh at your foolishness.
Why'd you have to go and let it die?
Life is new for us. Beautiful. Beauty-full.
Are you happy? Are you smiling?
Are you laughing? Because I am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I luv it lol really its good :)
HOw much did u change it though? well i like the details and the images and you know what... i get it. We both have had that feeling no one else will ever feel. It you can't describe it.
I really liked the way you regrouped your stanzas, it seemed to flow better this way. When you added more depth to the "and i laugh" and explained what exactly you were laughing about made it easier to visualize.
i really really liked the way this poem like had an effect on my mood. i was suddenly saddened for the people you were talking about. the "we" people. i love it. XD
--kayluhhh.
Post a Comment